Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More on script trading...

So, besides writing that uber post yesterday about script trading/sharing, I also edited a previous blog entry with the info written below.  That entry originally included a link to a site that I personally think is wonderful and provides baby writers with an amazing resource for TV scripts.  But, in the likely case you aren't always reading my site archives, I thought I’d bump it up by reposting...read on:

EDIT: 3/15/11
So, my post today got me thinking about this particular post.  I loved the site I originally linked to in this post (clearly), and I loved being able to steer other writers towards resources that would help them learn and become better writers, but I’m not going to link to it anymore (you probably found it yourself already by googling info on TV writing).

I originally felt alright linking to this site because not only had I seen other blogs link to it for the same purposes, but I had originally found the previous incarnation of the site via the WGA’s own website a few years back (they linked to it in a section about freelance scripts…although they now seem to have taken that link down, maybe they were asked to?  I don’t know).  While I think this site is an amazing resource for baby writers and while I don’t personally think the site is doing anything wrong per the fair use notice they have posted on the site, I’ve decided to take myself out of the equation.


But, not wanting to leave anyone empty handed, I will take the time to promote a couple other places you can find those scripts you seek  (if you are in the LA area).  One is the WGA Library.  While you can’t check out/take home any of the scripts, it's open to everyone (not just WGA members).  According to their online catalogue they have a bunch of Modern Families, not to mention scripts for some hot shows that site didn’t have (like Glee scripts).  John August also recommended the Academy run Margaret Herrick Library once on his blog.  I haven’t been there, but I imagine they have an impressive collection as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment